Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week in Review

I took a blog-cation this past week. I didn't intend for that to happen but it just worked out that way. I started a new work schedule on Monday so it took me the full week to get accustomed to the new schedule. Even though I am home more with this new work schedule - I still couldn't find the time to sit down at the computer! This past week reminded me a lot of our first few weeks home with Elle while I was still on maternity leave. It just seemed that the day flew by and before I knew it, Lee was walking through the door after a long day at work...and my day had revolved around 3 hour increments for her feedings! Saturday, August 1, 2009 - We took Elle swimming at my parent's pool. It was Lee's first time in the water with our sweet baby. They were so precious in the water together! Elle was sporting a new bathing suit that one of my best friends sent her. I absolutely love her SeaFolly suit! It covers up her belly and all her scars! Aunt Nicole has the best taste and even though she is thousands of miles away - our princess loves her (and so do we)!!

Sunday, August 2, 2009 - We had made plans to go to church for the first time as a family. We had asked the cardiologist on Friday at our appointment if it was ok to take her to church and he said yes as long as we held her and didn't take her to the nursery. I was so excited about our first time out together as a family. Unfortunately, our plans we changed because I overslept! Lee had to go to church by himself because I just didn't have enough time to get her ready and myself ready. Maybe this week I will get everything together so we can all go together!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009 - I snapped some cute pictures of our little Elle Belle. She is starting to hold her arms out. I think it is so cute. She has started to grab onto our lips when we are talking to her. She can't hear the sound too well but I absolutely know she has figured out that is where the faint sound is coming from! She is also blowing spit bubbles now. At first I don't think she realized she was doing it - but now she is consciously blowing them. Absolutely the cutest thing!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 - Elle received a visit from one of my wonderful college friends (who happens to live here in Houston)! Stephanie is a NICU nurse and was my go to person while we were in the hospital. Every time the doctors would tell me something that I didn't understand - I would go to Steph so she could explain everything to me. It was (and still is) so comforting to have that one person in the medical field that I know will explain things to me in a manner I can understand....plus she is filled with helpful information (like how to work on neck muscles)! Elle slept through most of our visit, but she finally woke up as Stephanie was getting ready to leave. Elle was mesmerized by Stephanie! Maybe it's because Steph is a beauty and Elle loves to have visitors - especially ones that wear jewelry that catches Elle's attention! I have a great video of Steph and Elle but for some reason it isn't uploading! I will keep trying to get it posted!

Thursday, August 6, 2009 - we received a phone call from our cardiologist. We have a meeting set up for August 25 for all of Elle's pre-op testing. She will have to have a sedated MRI and Echo. It will be at this time that we meet with her surgeon to schedule her major heart surgery. It was a tough phone call to take when Lee called me and told me about the appointment. For so long it has been "when she is older or in the next few months" and now the time for her surgery is actually just weeks away. We will know more after our meeting with the surgeon on August 25. I would be lying if I said that I'm not already nervous about our meeting. I know she is in the best hands (both physically and spiritually) but I still can't help but to get anxious about the thought of her having open heart surgery. I just have to keep praying for peace and strength - for Elle's benefit and for my own sanity! Thursday evening, I spent a few hours with my wonderful neighbors. It was so refreshing to have a few cocktails and a girls night - especially after just hearing news that surgery is literally around the corner. Plus they gave me the great news that the children's boutique that is here in Cypress is having a huge sale!!

Friday, August 7, 2009 - ANIMAL PRINT FRIDAY!! After occupational therapy, Elle and I headed back home for her noon feeding. Once Elle was finished eating, I loaded her up and we met my mom at Freckles - the children's boutique by our house for a quick shopping trip. I LOVE a great sale and they were absolutely having the best sale EVER! When we walked in, the owner was there unpacking the new fall clothes. She saw Elle and immediately started to oh and ah over her. I had to laugh when she asked if Elle was 6 weeks old. The look on her face was priceless when I told her she is 4 months old. Elle is just a tiny little girl ! A tiny little girl that now has a few great new pieces of clothes for when she turns 12 months!!

Saturday, August 8, 2009 - Lee and I rigged up the ultimate play place. We are working with Elle on strengthening her neck. Everyday she gets better with her head control. It is so much fun to watch her progress and grow!

In other news - I opted to not wear the boot to heal my fractured foot. It would just be too difficult to care of an infant and try to maneuver with that huge thing on! So - for the past week I have been dealing with the pain. I told Lee that I'm not going to take the anti inflammatory any more. I hate that I am having to pump and dump - so - as of today - I am going to stop with the meds and just let my foot heal itself. The pain has greatly diminished so we will just have to wait and see how much longer until I can really do everything at 100% again!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We pray for Elle's next surgery! Request Septemeber 15, that's Colin's next surgery. They both did so well having it on the same day last time! Plus it would give me someone to talk to once we get to 15.
We just had our MRI last week. It's hard because you won't be able to feed her, so she will be cranky. Colin fianlly just cried himself to sleep. He missed 2 bottles and was not happy.

amy johnson said...

I know it becomes very real when you start talking about surgeons. It is easy to forget during the day to day, but now the seed has been planted about the future. Elle is so much bigger now then she was last time she had to go under, and she will be stronger!! Just know, the decisions you make and the time that is chosen for her to have her surgery are the right ones. I have been where you are, and I have made it to the other side, YOU WILL TOO!!!! Elle will be telling you 'no mommy' before you know it ... I am here for you if you need anything :) ~ amy

Unknown said...

Lisha- I, too, recently had a hairline fracture on my foot. I had my foot in s plint for two days...which was very difficult to get around with (crutches.) When I took the splint off, I would keep the foot tightly wrapped with an Ace bandage. This seemed to speed the healing, and eliminate some of the pain. Perhaps an ace bandage/mild compression, may assist in your healing, without hindering your mobility.

Love all the beautiful pictures of Elle. You really capture such amazing facial expressions!