Friday, March 19, 2010

At This Time 4 Years Ago...

Lee and I were enjoying our honeymoon in Antigua. On March 18 we celebrated 4 wonderful years of wedded bliss. I hate it that 4 years have gone by in the blink of an eye - it seems like just yesterday we were saying our vows and then celebrating with the best party EVER! So much has changed in the last 4 years - with the addition of Elle being the biggest and best! I think the best way to describe our relationship is to tell a story about Lee and my grandmother. My Grandmother was the sharpest, wittiest, smartest, most thoughtful and loving person. Even up until the day she passed away, she was telling stories and jokes and talking politics. She had a knack for reading people and could automatically tell a person's intentions. She loved Lee from the moment she met him (and I know Lee loved her too). After we got engaged and starting planning our wedding, we spent a lot of time with my grandmother. We were planning our wedding in the little town where she lived - about an hour outside of Houston. On one particular day, I was pulling a bridezilla moment and poor Lee was just sitting there listening to me go on and on and on. My grandmother looked over at Lee and said, "Lee, how do you put up with her?" Lee's automatic response, "Grandma Greene, I have the patience of an oyster!" My grandmother immediately started laughing - I will always remember the way she would clasp her hands together and laugh - kind of a school girl laugh if something really tickled her. She would throw her head back and that sound will never leave me. It took me a while to figure out what Lee had told my grandmother to make her laugh the way she did - but that moment has never left. Lee's patience with me is incredible. Just like an oyster will sit and sit and sit with a tiny grain of sand and slowly over time that sand becomes a pearl, Lee has the patience with me to just sit and let me go a little crazy and then be there to steady me and bring me back down to earth. I am the luckiest girl alive to have a husband who loves me unconditionally. I am the luckiest girl alive to have such a strong Christian husband to lead me and now Elle as we grow together in our faith. I am the luckiest girl alive to have such a wonderful husband who seems to know what I am thinking and is there to fix whatever problems I have. I could go on and on but the point is - I love my husband so much and these past 4 years have been nothing short of spectacular!
Halloween 2005
Cabo 2006
1st Anniversary Golf Trip to Savannah and Hilton Head
One of the perks of being married around St. Patty's Day is that we were in Savannah for one of the greatest St. Patrick's Day celebrations in the country - like Mardi Gras - but in green!
2nd Anniversary Golf/Ski trip to Ruidoso, New Mexico
Perfect trip - skied in the morning and played golf in the afternoon!
** our third anniversary we celebrated by getting Star Pizza (yum!) and having a picnic in Little Lady Lupher's room - little did we know how just 5 days later our lives would be forever changed!
This year we celebrated by taking Elle to the little pizza place next to our house and enjoying a nice family dinner! My how things have changed!
I hate it that I don't have any wedding pictures to share. It's my own fault because I STILL haven't picked out wedding photos. The thought of going through 700 beautiful and all so amazing proofs is daunting! It's really just been about procrastination...and then before you know it...you've been married for 4 years and don't have a single picture of your wedding day displayed in your home....maybe it's about time I sat down and got that taken care of!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We need to make each other a promise...we will both choose our wedding pictures by the time our kids are 5. I think about doing it all the time...and I never do.

Unknown said...

LOL. I have been feeling badly that I haven't printed any of my wedding pic yet.....now, I see that it is "normal" and I shouldn't feel bad at all! Happy Anniv. to you and Lee