Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's My Heart

On the top of our blog I put a countdown to the It's My Heart Walk. I am so excited about this walk and hope that we can raise a lot of money and generate support for It's My Heart. It's My Heart is a wonderful non profit organization created to provide support to and advocationg for those affected by Congenital and Acquired Heart Defects. Through awareness, resources and education, It's My Heart creates alliances and networks among families, groups, hospitals, and the community. Did you know: * Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Disease each year as from all forms of childhood cancers combined. Yet funding for pediatric cancer research is 5x higher than funding for Congenital Heart Disease. (Source: Children's Heart Foundation) *Congenital Heart Defects are the # 1 birth defect (source: March of Dimes) * Congenital Heart Defects are the # 1 cause of birth defect related deaths (Source: March of Dimes) * About 1 out of every 100 babies born each year will have some sort of Congenital Heart Defect - approximately 40,000/year (Source: Children's Heart Foundation) * The American Heart Association directs only $0.30 of every dollar donated towards research. The remainder goes towards administration, education and fund raising efforts. Of the $0.30 allocated for research, only $0.01 goes towards pediatric cardiology. (Source: Children's Heart Foundation) * The cost for inpatient surgery to repair Congenital Heart Defects exceeds $2.2 billion a year (Source: Children's Heart Foundation) * Of every dollar the government spends on medical funding, only a fraction of a penny goes toward Congenital Heart Defect research (Source: Children's Heart Foundation) * Though research is ongoing - 35 types of Congenital Defects have been identified I'm feeling a mixture of emotions as I write this because September 24th is the one year anniversary of Elle's first open heart surgery. However, this Thursday, September 23 (Elle's 18 month birthday) we will see her cardiologist to determine if she will be having another open heart surgery before the end of the year. We fully trust in God's perfect timing and know that through HIM all things are possible! Please go to the It's My Heart Website for more information about Congenital and Acquired Heart Defects.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We look forward to your team and Team Colin walking together again next time! We had lots of fun last year and still have Bluey the Blue fish from the family festival.

We will be praying for great news on the 23rd. It's hard going into those appointments having to deal with issues no one wants to talk about. But we have faith that God is directing us down a safe path for our children!

And of course we are celebrating the 24th as a glorious day, a day Elle was given another chance at life, and a better life than the first surgery gave her!

Heart Hugs,
Jennifer & Colin

Anneke Sergio said...

Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.