Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sleepy Sunday, Manic Monday and Terriffic Tuesday

Saturday, June 13, 2009 Lee and I went to my uncle's 60th birthday party. It was a wonderful few hours out - surrounded by friends and family. I didn't want to leave - but we had to be back home by 9:30pm to feed Elle. Mark and Vickie spent the evening with our little princess and they did great! The feeding machine is still a little daunting for everyone so until the grandparents feel comfortable with it, Lee and I will handle it. I was so nervous when we got home that I wasn't going to be able to stay awake for the midnight feeding. I did everything to keep myself occupied so I wouldn't fall asleep - I think I might of even washed a few loads of laundry twice! I surprised myself and even woke up for the 3:00am feeding - thanks to the 4 alarms Lee and I have in our room. It's a good thing our little lady is hard of hearing because those alarms are boarding on ridiculous. My roommates from college can attest to my ability to sleep through multiple alarms. Needless to say - Sunday was a very sleepy day - for all of us!

Monday marked our little angels 12th week here on earth. I can't believe 12 weeks have already gone by - they have flown! It also marked my first day back at work. Elle and I spent the morning together and I dropped her off at my mom and dad's house before heading into the office. Thankfully my mom and dad's house is literally across the street from my office so I was able to run over to their house a few times during the day to check on Elle and get her feedings going. It will be a slow progression back into working - not to mention juggling all Elle's doctor appointments! It was so nice to be back at work and communicating with adults! It's not that my mom and I didn't talk to each other every day while we were tending to Elle - but our conversations were centered around the little lady and our voices were several decibels higher!

It was much easier to get Elle ready to leave this morning. Yesterday was a learning experience - and again - I am surprised that it takes so much to walk out the door! It truly does take 3 hours to get ready!! We went to see the pediatrician today for Elle's feedings. She is now 10 pounds 1 oz! Yeah for double digits!! Because she is sleeping through the night - we can now officially take out the 3am feeding - yeah!!! We are increasing her per feeding fluid to 3.5 ounces 7 x a day. Over the next few days I will be slowly increasing the feedings from 3 ounces to 3.5 ounces. We can't over fill Elle's little belly!! We also stopped by TCH to get Elle's OT and PT scheduled. We are still waiting to hear back from the therapist to schedule everything - but hopefully we can get that stuff straightened out soon so they can help Elle with taking the bottle.

Elle has started making theses huge open mouth smiles - she is such a little personality! We are so truly blessed with our perfect little baby!

While I am writing this I am watching The Little Couple on TLC. Jen, the doctor, is one of the Neonatologist in the NICU at TCH. We would see the camera crew hanging out in the lobby while she was doing rounds. I saw a few of our nurses on the show which was fun to see and they even showed the inside of the NICU a few times..ahh...the memories!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Your daughter is precious! Hope work gets easier too :)