Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! This past weekend has been one for the record books! Friday afternoon Lee, Elle and I anxiously awaited our guests. Not only did Matt and Laura come in from Mississippi, but Lauren and Madison made the trek in from Baton Rouge too! Lauren and Madison were visiting family in Kingwood, so they made the trip to Cypress on Friday afternoon for lunch. It was so good to see our wonderful friends. We may live hundreds of miles apart, but every time we get together it's like we never left each other. The boys mastered the BBQ while us girls hung out in the AC.

Aunt Lauren and Elle

Aunt Laura and a very sleepy Elle
It was a sad sad time of the day when Lauren and Madison had to leave to go back to Kingwood - but it was so much fun visiting with them for a few hours.

Saturday, July 4 Matt and Lee went and played golf with my dad so Laura and I had the day to spend with Elle. I really wanted to take Elle swimming for the first time, so we loaded up and went to my mom and dad's house. Their neighborhood pool is across the street from their house and it is almost always empty. Before we made it to their house, Elle got to experience Wal-Mart for the first time. I was so nervous taking her in there!! I didn't take in her carrier - so I was just holding her and I had to draped in a blanket - like that would keep all the germies off her! We were looking for a 3month bathing suit - but no luck. Instead we stocked up on baby sunblock and a beach towel for me (our towels have all gone to the dogs...literally). Luckily Elle had been given a 12 month swimsuit from one of my co-workers...it was a little big - but it did the trick! I liked that it had a top like a wet suit because it covered up all her scars and her button on her stomach.

After Little Miss Sunshine was dressed and ready to go - we headed over to the pool for about 30 minutes. Elle was ok as long as she had her pacifier - it was lunch time so that was my mistake. All she really wanted was to eat! After her little jaunt in the pool, she was ready for some lounging! Please don't laugh at how pale I am - I haven't seen the sun since August 1, 2008 - and that isn't an exaggeration. That's the day I found out I was pregnant!

Later on that evening Laura, Matt, Lee, Elle and myself grilled out and then set up shop in the backyard to watch the fireworks. All I wanted to do on 4th of July was see fireworks and I was so disappointed! The neighborhood behind ours was supposed to have a massive display and instead of doing it at the community center where they normally do it - they moved it down to the park which was too far away for us to see. Elle was so excited to see fireworks! She took a few cat naps during the evening but come 9:00pm - she was up and ready to go. I stuck her in the baby bjorn and we watched a few from our backyard and then we walked out front to see what we could. Maybe next year she (I) will get see to more fireworks! Sunday, July 5, 2009 - Laura and Matt had to head back home. We were so sad to see them go - but we had so much fun with them! Our friends Shannon and Chris stopped by to visit with our little firecracker a little later on in the day. I will post those pictures once I get them uploaded! It was such a fun filled weekend - and it was filled with a few "firsts." Elle's first trip to Wal-Mart, Elle's first swim, Elle's first 4th of July - and our first over night guests since Elle was born. This week we have a follow up with Dr. E about Elle's hearing and nose. I'm praying for good news!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my Lisha, she is so adorable and I just love the "Miss Independent" dress! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend...let's go swimming again if it is not too much trouble!!!