Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Outfit # 22

Elle and I had a pretty scheduled day today. We had an 8am appointment here at our house for an evaluation with ECI. The evaluator just came in and watched Elle be her usual crazy self. She has seen Elle 3 times and was thrilled with how she has progressed over the last few weeks. We scheduled appointments for 3 (yes 3) more evaluations in the next month. After all the excitement of having a visitor this morning, Elle fell asleep for a whopping 2 hours. That was a first! I didn't know what to do with all my time! I kept going in and checking on her because I just couldn't believe she was still asleep. By the time she woke up, it was time to feed her again.

Oh but she was in no mood to be fed - she was wild and ready to go! The crazy kid spent an hour in her exersaucer while she was being fed - jumping up and down and hollering at all her toys. I rigged up a little loop to slide her feeding tube through so as she moves around in her exersaucer - her feeding tube moves with her. I know one of these days all her jumping up and down while she is feeding is going to be a recipe for disaster and I will be cleaning baby puke off of everything! When that was finished it was off to physical therapy. Elle is doing great - she still can't sit up on her own yet but we're working on it! From where she was even 2 weeks ago to where she is now is tremendous improvement. One thing is for sure - she has the rolling thing down!

I guess I noticed it on Sunday but Elle really will have her 2 front teeth for Christmas! There is another little fraggle coming in on the bottom!

There is so much to do between now and Christmas day! Elle still has a few more Christmas outfits left to wear so we will be having a few wardrobe changes a few times a day so we get in all her super cute outfits! I was going to share something that happened while I was out Christmas shopping this past Saturday. I was at a store where all 3 people working were men. It's a little store and they take pride in taking a few minutes to talk to each customer. When I was finished talking to the guys (one of them plays golf at New Mexico Military Institute so we were talking golf...) I told them to all have a Merry Christmas. One of the older gentlemen stopped and said "what did you just say?" I said "Merry Christmas." He said "thank you so much for saying that. Where my wife works - they aren't allowed to say that. It's nice to hear that." I told them man that I am a HR manager for a local company and we say Merry Christmas. We even have a big banner on the fence of our office that says Merry Christmas. It made me sad walking out of the store that people are too afraid or prohibited from saying Merry Christmas. From my work background, I understand why places have to do it but we fully believe "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be called upon his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6) And while it may appear that all of Elle's outfits are the reason for the season - we truly know that Jesus is the REAL reason for the season!

No comments: