Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Wee Bit Overwhelmed

I think right now that if someone could read my thoughts, I might be committed. Ok - maybe not committed but I would probably be put on some serious medication! My mind is on overdrive! I really need to start making to do lists because my mental to do lists have me going insane! I think the reason this is all culminating now is that in the past, I had my 15 minutes of uninterrupted pumping time 7x a day to sort my daily life out. If I got overwhelmed, I could take a breather for those few minutes and re-collect my self. Now, I'm very sad to say that my quiet time is coming to an end. Although, I am pretty proud of myself for lasting for 9 months - I wish (for Elle's sake) that I could have kept up with her daily nutritional demands but my body + life has just said no more. I'm also not too thrilled with the idea of not automatically burning 600 calories a day. That's a major bummer - especially this time of year! I wish desperately it was November and the month of December wasn't flying by. I can scarcely remember the past week and yet I nothing to show for it (other than a few pictures)!
This is what happens when you leave the room for literally a minute! Elle stuck under the ottoman - she's an explorer!

Elle and Lee playing

Elle and me after we took our family Christmas picture

Our little reindeer all dressed up on Animal Print Friday!
It has been so hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year. Really time has just flown by. I didn't even realize it had been a week since my last post! I think the term scatter brain does adequately describe my current state of mind. I just can't get it together - I'm in a fog! And our poor house is suffering the most from my lack of togetherness. Oh my - for the sake of my family - I really need to get it together! One day at a time and one battle at a time - i just need to keep telling myself that over and over and over again!
Please pray for our precious nephew Witt - he is back in the PICU at TCH. That poor little guy and his family have been through so much. We're praying for his complete recovery and for peace and strength for his amazing family.

No comments: