Sunday, March 15, 2009

What's In a Name

When we found out we were pregnant, we knew that we wanted to find out the sex of the baby. I was certain we were having a boy. We had the name picked out and we were ready to start planning for a little boy. Imagine my surprise when the doctor said "it's a girl!" From that day to now (2 weeks away from delivery) - Lee and I don't have a name for our little one. She is currently known as Little Lady Lupher and I have actually become accustomed to referring to her as Little Lady. Lee calls her Zula Lula Lupher. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what they want our little one to be called. We've heard everything from Consuela to Lisha Jr. I'm sure everyone thinks that we have the name set and ready to go and we are just keeping it a secret - but really - we have no idea what we are going to name her. Our list of names keeps getting longer and the time we have to choose a name keeps getting shorter! Lee is convinced that I will be so out of it after delivery that he will get to name the baby. I'm not so sure about that. I wonder how long we have to decide on a name after she is born?

1 comment:

Jess said...

Okay- so glad to know you have a blog- As for names, in Utah you have as long as you want. You don't have to name them fast, but you can't get their birth certificate done until you have the name. My friend waited 5 days after having her baby.