Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Review

I am once again sitting here wondering why time has to go by so fast. The past three days have been a blur - probably because mom and I sold our little hearts out at our garage sale. We had so many people come to the neighborhood sale - it was non stop for both Friday and Saturday. We both walked away with a couple hundred dollars in extra spending money and I already have plans for my money! We need bookcases - so IKEA - here I come...and TJ Maxx just started carrying Baby Gund in the print I like so there goes the rest of my money! Thursday, September 19, 2009 - We celebrated Lee's dads birthday with a wonderful dinner at Uncle Jake's house. I think Uncle Jake should open up a restaurant because the meal was fabulous! I can see it now "Uncle Jake's Restaurant" in flashing neon lights! While it was Big Daddy's birthday, I think Miss Elle was the star of the evening (she usually is).

I just recently discovered the wonders of Picasa - so I have been making collages like crazy!

Friday, September 11, 2009 - This was day one of our garage sale. It started at 7:00am - so I had to leave my house by 6:00am to make it to mom and dad's by 6:30am to set everything up. I left Elle in Lee's loving care - to get her dressed and ready for Animal Print Friday and to bring her over to my mom and dads. People started showing up at 6:40am (with their flashlights!) and it was non stop from that point forward. I have no idea what time Lee finally made it over to my parent's house with Elle. He looked so frazzled by the time he finally pulled into the driveway. Evidently, he and Miss Elle has a battle of the wills on Friday morning and Elle won...but not before Lee dressed her in the ultimate Animal Print Friday outfit!

Our little love bug! It might be too small by the time Halloween rolls around - so he decided that it would be prefect for Animal Print Friday. I guess Elle wasn't too thrilled with the idea of wearing such a hot outfit when it is 90 degrees outside - so she threw a fit until Lee changed her. He told me that she didn't like any of the outfits he put on her which is why it took him so long to get to mom and dads. Sure enough, when I walked into her room on Friday night it looked like her closet had thrown up (he wasn't lying about multiple outfit changes)! My mom and I took turns during the day on Friday staying inside with Elle while the other one sold sold sold at the garage sale. My dad came home from work for a few minutes and was able to get a few laughs out of the princess. Just this past week she has started to belly laugh - it is absolutely the cutest thing! I have a super cute video of my dad and Elle playing but I can't get it to load. I will keep working on it and hopefully will get it all together soon to share!

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - I again had to wake up early to get over to mom and dads for the garage sale. Lee was in charge of getting Elle together and over to his mom and dad's house. He had to leave bright and early to make it down to his hunting camp for a meeting so Mark and Vickie had Elle Belle all day long. The garage sale was non stop people until around 2:00pm and after visiting with some of mom and dad's wonderful neighbors, I had to head to ViVi and Big Daddy's house to pick up the princess. After dinner with Mark and Vickie, Elle Belle and I headed home - just us girls. It was so weird to walk into our house and not have the dogs or Lee there to greet me. They were off hunting so it really was a girls night for Elle and me! We got ready for bed at 7:00pm and snuggled in bed for the next few hours. Elle was so funny - laughing up a storm for 3 hours straight. Finally at 10:00pm - she fell asleep.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 - Elle woke up with a smile on her face which makes mornings so much easier! After months of trying to get the 3:00am feed taken out of Elle's normal feeding schedule so I can sleep - I now wake up every morning somewhere between 1 and 3. Wish this automatic wake up would have been going on when I was feeding her at 3:00am (because sometimes I didn't wake up for the 3am feeding!)!! After breakfast, it was picture time! In honor of the opening weekend of Teal Season...here is our little hunter!

2 comments:

annalee said...

what a weekend!
if little ladybug does still fit on halloween she and adelaide will match:)

Becky Mc said...

Lisha,

I loved hearing you and Elle laugh. What a great sound that is! Thanks for sharing.